Blackberry and Brie Frittata
Total Time:45 minutes; 15 minutes active
If you haven’t tried eggs and berries together, you are in for a treat. Frittatas are a fairly effortless way to serve eggs, and this recipe incorporates blackberries and gooey brie. The juicy, deep purple berries and creamy cheese will make this simple dish the hit of your brunch.
- 1 teaspoon butter for pan
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 7 ounces ripe brie
- 6 ounces blackberries, washed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Coat a pie pan with the butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in salt and thyme. Tear the brie into small bits and drop into the egg mixture, then sprinkle in the berries. Gently fold in the brie and blackberries, then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve warm or chilled.
Serve alongside sausage or crispy bacon and toast.
250 calories, 18 g. fat, 350 mg. cholesterol, 530 mg. sodium, 3 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 18 g. protein