Crispy Honey Hot Wings
Total Time:2 hours, 40 minutes; 10 minutes active
It’s hard not to love crispy, sticky-sweet wings. In this rendition, you can choose between the hot honey-Sriracha sauce or a less fiery honey and black pepper sauce.
- 4 lbs. chicken wings (whole or cut in flats and drumettes)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Vegetable oil for pan
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground or Sriracha
- Place the wings in a bowl and drizzle with soy sauce; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Lightly oil two sheet pans with rims. Spread the wings on the sheet pans, meaty-side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then take out each pan, and turn the wings with tongs. Bake for 15 minutes longer (or 10 minutes, if your wings are small). Increase the heat to 450°F. and bake for 10 minutes, until the wings are crisped.
- While the wings are in the oven, stir black pepper or Sriracha into the honey. When the wings are done, drizzle with honey mixture and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
Because your co-op sells free-range chicken, the wings may be smaller than ones from a conventional farm. If your wings are small, bake for 5 minutes less at 250°F.
330 calories, 9 g. fat, 130 mg. cholesterol, 980 mg. sodium, 10 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber , 51 g. protein