Easy Avocado Sauce
Total Time:10 minutes
Oh, avocado, what can’t you do? In this quick and easy sauce, your favorite fruit transforms into a creamy, herb-laced sauce to spoon over fish, chicken, tofu, rice or vegetables, spread on sandwiches, or even use as a dip.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or parsley
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small food processor or mini chopper, place the garlic, avocado and basil or parsley. Process to puree, scraping down and repeating as needed until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and salt and process until smooth and well mixed. Drizzle in the lemon juice with the machine running.
- Scrape the puree into a bowl and serve.
Spoon this herbaceous sauce over fish, chicken, tofu, rice or vegetables, spread on sandwiches, or use as a dip.
70 calories, 5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 310 mg. sodium, 6 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 3 g. protein