Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Quinoa
Total Time:4 hours, 15 minutes; 10 minutes active
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
With the magic of jerk seasoning, this simple slow-cooker dish takes on a spicy island vibe. Chicken thighs simmer with the quinoa, infusing the grain with flavor as they become fall-apart tender.
The High Five (Four!)
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put quinoa, stock, sweet potatoes, jerk seasoning and salt in the crock of a slow cooker and stir to mix well. Nestle the chicken thighs down into the quinoa.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Uncover and taste; everything should be tender and fragrant. Serve warm.
Carry a Caribbean theme through the entire meal by serving with crispy, sweet fried plantains and fresh pineapple.
570 calories, 10 g. fat, 75 mg. cholesterol, 750 mg. sodium, 73 g. carbohydrate, 10 g. fiber, 28 g. protein