Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Total Time:50 minutes
Pork chops on the grill are a fun and easy meal in the summertime. Take advantage of fresh sweet cherries to make a sauce that plays perfectly with savory grilled pork, with a hint of heat.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 pork center-cut pork chops
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
- In a shallow pan, stir together lemon juice, avocado oil, salt, pepper and shallots. Place pork chops in pan, coat with marinade on both sides, and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, put the pitted cherries in a small saucepan. Add the shallots, chili powder, vinegar, honey, salt and ¾ cup of the chicken stock. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for about 12 minutes to reduce until thickened. Whisk the arrowroot into the remaining stock and add to the hot pan, whisking as it thickens.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat the broiler. Place chops on grill or under broiler, about four inches from heat, and cook until browned on one side (about four minutes). Turn and cook the other side until lightly browned and slightly firm when pressed with a metal spatula (about three minutes).
- Top the chops with cherry sauce and serve immediately.
Serve alongside a green leaf salad and grilled vegetables like asparagus or zucchini.
190 calories, 5 g. fat, 80 mg. cholesterol, 340 mg. sodium, 10 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 26 g. protein